Follow enough health and beauty journals, and you could easily find yourself wondering, “is there anything coconut oil cannot do?” Spoiler alert: coconut is everything it’s cracked up to be. Because of this, we’ve compiled a list of our favorites uses for coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut water, and coconut meat.
Why is Coconut a Miracle Fruit?
Coconut oil possesses potent enzymes and nutrients that have been used for centuries to heal and nourish the body, skin, and hair. Here’s what you need to know:
Caprylic – MCT: unlocks and burn fat
Lauric Acid: makes it antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal
Antioxidant: makes it additionally beneficial against signs of age
Hydrating: emollient and elasticizing properties counter-formation of wrinkles and strengthen hair
Skin: soothes & conditions the skin, maintaining softness while nourishing and calming
Sustainable: Cocovít harvests fresh organic coconuts from an eco-reserve in South India
Top 25 Best Uses for Coconut to Benefit Your Health
- Saute with coconut oil instead of olive oil
- Roast with coconut oil instead of olive oil…
- …ESPECIALLY mushrooms. Yum.
- Melt over popcorn instead of butter
- Replace butter with coconut oil in baking; they’re both saturated fats that are solid at room temperature
- Add healthy fat to your smoothies with coconut oil or coconut milk
- Add electrolytes to your smoothie with coconut water
- Drink coconut water as a hydrating post-workout beverage (electrolytes and potassium!)
- Use coconut oil in place of egg whites in chocolate mousse
- Chill coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, scoop out the coconut cream on top, then whip for a non-dairy whipped cream
- Coconut flour makes a great gluten-free and paleo-friendly flour alternative
- Use coconut milk as a non-dairy alternative to milk in your coffee…
- …or try the metabolism-boosting coffee craze of putting coconut oil in your coffee (blended, not stirred)
- No-Bake Macaroons in 6 ingredients: 3 cups coconut flakes, ⅓ cup melted coconut oil, 1 cup cocoa powder, 1 cup maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt to taste; freeze; devour.
- Make dairy-free chocolate ganache with full-fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream
- Quick Curry: simmer 1 ½ cups of coconut milk with 2 tablespoons of curry powder and sea salt to taste; serve over rice and vegetables
- Quick Omega-3 Pudding: 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, ½ cup coconut milk, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, stevia to taste and a pinch of sea salt
- Spread coconut oil on your toast instead of butter; layer with jam or nut butter
- Stir coconut oil or coconut milk into your oatmeal
- Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate. Need I say more?
- For adventurous spirits, crack into a young Thai coconut and blend the fresh coconut meat with cocoa powder, vanilla, and sea salt for a healthful chocolate pudding
- Finally, learn how to make Thai Coconut Soup. Essential: coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, and chili. Veggies are up to you.
- Hands-down one of the best savory breakfasts: Poached Eggs with Sauteed Greens and Mushrooms
- For sweet breakfast lovers, spread over pancakes or waffles with maple syrup
- Frozen dessert: combine 1 medium-sized baked sweet potato with 1 cup coconut milk; combine in food processor with the desired sweetener to taste and freeze.
Stay tuned for the 25 best uses for beauty!
Originally posted 2017-11-20 17:19:18.